I would like to complain about Wamu's free checking account. They say that they want to change the way people bank without the fees other banks charge. If they really want to change the way people bank, they shouldn't charge someone $35.00 for an overdraft for only a couple of dollars.

Customer service at other banks would feel sympathy for someone who was over $2.00 in their account and waive the overdraft fee, but not WAMU. Not only that, but there isn't a WAMU within 100 or 200 miles away from where I was and they still couldn't reverse the charge. My direct deposit went in a day late and still no sympathy. They said that I used the one "courtesy" ETF reversal, but the charge was for only $1.00.

I can see if I used over $5.00 and other banks give me that, but not WAMU. I feel that they are using false advertising in their commercials about changing the way they conduct business vs. other banks, but I feel that WAMU has ripped me off for only $2.00. I asked to close my account and they wouldn't do it neither.

Had an Experience with Washington Mutual?

Comments

Ally Bank - Auto Loan Review Ally Bank "I've been with ally auto financing for two years. Bought 2014 Kia Optima brand new for 300.27 a month through ally mobile app. January 11th 2017 I made my payment..." Read more Ge Capital Retail Bank - Actual Net Earned Less Then What Is Reported Ge Capital Retail Bank "Pay Pal GE Capital Retail Bank EBAY Reports on Transaction Details that you made more net profit then you actually earned. "Example" $91.96 is the net they have you..." Read more Capital One 360 - Just opened an account, already regretting it. Capital One 360 "I recently opened a Capital One 360 checking account, since it seemed like a good fit for me. Debit card, no fees for letting a bank invest my money to..." Read more Pnc Bank - Locked out of Savings account while overseas! Pnc Bank "I have had some bad experiences with banks, but PNC really takes the cake. I am currently overseas in South America, and PNC decides to freeze my account (on May..." Read more Pepperfry - Cheap & Fake Quality Products along with No Returns Pepperfry "Hi there, This is your valuable customer who had placed Order: 303369106 through which Duplicate Tupperware Bottles were delivered to me. I even confirmed that these Bottles were Duplicate by..." Read more Grand Furniture - Cheap Grand Furniture " Literally the worst bed frame I ever brought in my life, 2 months after having the bed frame it started to fall apart. The screws are loose, the wood..." Read more Daniels Jewelers - *** daniels jewelry Daniels Jewelers "They should go out of business and die there pushy and go against people agency, and the force you to buy something, i would love to destroy the conpany, they..." Read more Rockport - Worst product and even worst customer service - their shoe has caused damage/ injury to my ankle Rockport "This is what I wrote to Rockport: I am really surprised that rather than looking at the issue where your product has caused an injury, your response is purely focussed..." Read more