I always pay my WM credit card payment online on or around the 1st of each month (it is due on the 10-12th) and always pay more than the minimum payment. This month, I inadvertently forgot to pay and realized on the 11th that my payment had not been made. I immediately called them (WM) and made an express payment by phone. The charge for doing this was $14.95. I nicely requested a one-time courtesy waive of the late fee explaining that I had never been late. I suppose I was thinking my effort to rectify this mistake immediately (by paying the $14.95 for express) would show them it was an honest oversight.

I was told to call back in a day to allow time for the payment to post. When I called back, I was denied the waive of the late fee. What a ripoff. They were glad to take my $14.95 for an express payment, however, could not extend the courtesy of waiving my late fee.

I would have been better off just to pay online a day late with no "express" payment fee.

Had an Experience with Washington Mutual?

Comments

I bet next time you remember to make your payment on time.

Ge Capital - I was in a bad spot and applied for a small loan. Received an email Ge Capital "And a legitimate looking letter on letterhead saying I was approved for 6000$. When I called over and over following up no answer and finally Indian girl answered. When I..." Read more Capital Bank - Never in my life Capital Bank " I'm writing this as a current customer, who is in the process of paying off and closing the card. After only 3 weeks having the card I have had..." Read more Ge Capital Retail Bank - GE CAPITAL/PAYPAL BRAZEN LIE NOT EVEN THE USPS IS SAFE Ge Capital Retail Bank "This is how brazen GE Capital Retail Bank/Pay Pal Smart Connect/Pay Pal has gotten. They have been allowed to lie, steal, defraud, commit fraud, steal money, hide money, etc., etc...." Read more Ge Capital Retail Bank - EMERGENCY NEWS FLASH USPS CONSUMERS BEING RAPED DUE TO GE CAPITAL RETAIL MONEY BANK & PAY PAL SMART CONNECT ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES Ge Capital Retail Bank "To Whom It May Concern: GE Capital Retail & Pay Pal continues to lie about funds taken out of my account. They have also started putting accounts overdue TWO days..." Read more Top Top Renovation LLC is Top Top Unprofessional Top Top Renovation Llc "In mid-September 2017, we needed a handyman to do a series of home improvement work in our Fort Lauderdale, Florida house. Improvements would include dry wall repairs, install new bedroom..." Read more Converse - Worst shoes EVER! Converse "I bought a $60 pair of Chuck Taylor's for both of my sons at the beginning of school in August. It is just now getting to be the end of..." Read more Kenneth Cole - WALLET DEFECTED ,WITHOUT USING IT WAS TORN Kenneth Cole "WORST PRODUCTS....INFACT SPURIOUS MATERIAL USED..... NO COMPARISON WITH MK OR WITH COACH...KENNETHCOLE REACTION ....A BIG NO TO KENNETHCOLE REACTION... THE COMPANY HAS NO ANSWER.....THEY SAY GET IT REPAIR FROM A..." Read more Safe Step Tub - Never so dissapointed! Safe Step Tub "I was told by the Manager/Supervisor of *Safe Step Walk in Tubs Canada* that if I said anything about this that I would be charged with slander...how can the truth..." Read more